Calling all Games Makers! Did you meet or volunteer with your loved one during London 2012? This Valentine’s Day, Get Living London is offering former Games Makers who volunteered at London 2012 the chance to return to East Village to spend a night with their other halves in one of the homes at East Village overlooking Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Hopeful Games Makers and their partners must submit romantic stories from the Games. The winning pair will receive a night’s stay at Venetian House on Olympic Park Avenue in East Village, which has stunning views across the surrounding greenery of the park, the Copper Box Arena and down towards the Olympic Stadium and the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
Inviting Games Makers to spend Valentine’s Day in one of these homes serves as thank you to those who made the Games possible and invites them to see how East Village has evolved since the departure of the world’s athletic elite and continues to thrive as London’s newest neighbourhood.
Neil Young, Chief Executive Officer, Get Living London, commented ’70,000 Games Makers worked incredibly hard to make London 2012 happen and to celebrate Valentine’s Day we’re looking for two who met and fell in love, or volunteered alongside each other, to spend a night here at East Village. What better way for former Games Makers to spend the most romantic night of the year than in the former Athletes’ Village with the enchanting views of London’s iconic Olympic venues as the backdrop?’
Former London 2012 Games Makers can enter by sending their stories and contact details, with a photo of them and their partner (plus a photo of them in their Games Maker kit or other proof of their volunteering time as a Games Maker), to email@example.com by Wednesday 11th February 2015.
Terms and conditions
1. The promotion is being run by Get Living London located at 5 Celebration Avenue, London E20 1DB.
2. This promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 and over.
3. This promotion is not open to any employees of Get Living London Ltd, Delancey Real Estate Management, Qatari Diar or any associated companies or suppliers to these organisations.
4. Promotional period: this promotion runs until on midnight on 11th February 2015.
5. Only one entry per person during the entry period will be counted as a valid entry.
6. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
7. The prize: Winners will receive a Saturday overnight stay at East Village. The prize does not include travel to or from the venue.
8. Winner selection: all valid entries received during the promotional period will be considered after the closing date of 00:00 on 11th February 2015.
9. The Winners will be contacted by email no later than 12th February to arrange prize redemption. In the event a winner fails to claim a prize, the prize will be withdrawn and the entry will be void.
10. The prize is as stated and cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative.
11. Get Living London reserve the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances beyond their control
12. Get Living London may at its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion at any time.
13. Get Living London reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
14. The decision of Get Living London regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering the promotion you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
16. As a prize winner you expressly grant Get Living London the right to use your name and photograph in any publicity materials displayed in the United Kingdom and online during the next six months.